Monday, December 7, 2009

A Jew who loves Christmas time and isn't afraid to rant about it!


Back story... I have grown up celebrating Hannukah and Christmas.  I am jewish and had a bat mitzvah, but I also celebrate the traditions of Christmas with my mother who is not Jewish.  Since I grew up celebrating both, I think that is why I love this time of year so much.    I would like to take this holiday cheer and bath in it for approximately 6 months.  Ugh, I love it!  And this year... in our new home...we have a fire place!!!  I mean, really?  What says Holiday Cheer like a fireplace?  NOTHING!  What brought on this sudden burst of excitement for the holidays you ask?  Well maybe it is because we picked up our Christmas tree todayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!  I am stating here, that my favorite smell of all time is the smell of a Christmas tree.  I must say though, that we do not have a Christmas tree at the moment, we actually have a Hannukah bush!  A lovely melding of two holidays, the Hannukah bush is a Christmas tree decorating with blue, white and silver.  Holiday excitement is in full effect, which means if you are looking for me, you can find me 
1) Holiday Shopping
2) Making a Holiday Feast
3) Spinning a Dreidel
4) Singing about Reindeer
5) Hanging out with my friends in the above picture at Macy's (The lovely Elf on your left is a Bridesmaids in the wedding.. maybe she could just wear that costume down the isle.. done and done)

No comments:

Post a Comment