Monday, December 7, 2009

Now.. onto the bridesmaids...

Now that I have my dress... it is time to focus on one of my favorite parts of wedding planning... THE BRIDESMAIDS DRESSES!  I have many opinions on bridesmaids dresses.  I don't understand why they have to all be so HIDEOUS!?!  For some reason, if you are a bridesmaid you are supposed to wear a polyester, hot pink dress.  In my opinion, it is a huge honor to be asked to be a bridesmaid in someone's wedding, and as the bride you should want them to look fantastic.  
Now that I am on the hunt for the perfect bridesmaid's dress I see the challenge that they pose.  Your want to love it yourself, but you also want all of your bridesmaids to love it too.  

The criteria for the bridesmaids dresses... 

1) Chic cocktail dress 
2) I must love it
3) They must love it and feel confident in it (I know... this is a hard task.  But I consider myself a good friend.  Also, I know I will be in a few of their weddings and hope they will repay the favor!)
4) It must be black, purple or gray.  I have not decided what color I want them to be in.  But, I do know it will be one of those three
5) It can be either one dress that looks great on all of their body types, or the same color and fabric but different styles.


I was thinking something along the lines of this...




Haha!  Gotcha!  

In all seriousness I have been on the search!  If anyone has any ideas they are much appreciated!

I originally wanted grey chiffon dresses.  But, now that I am starting to imagine what the wedding might actually turn into.  I have changed my mind.  Now I want them to be cocktail dresses that are really cute and chic.  I think in this post I have mentioned the words cute and chic 20 times!   
I found this fantastic new bridesmaids designer the other day.  

Look how fantastic this is??



I love the sweetheart neckline and the styling is so different.  I am using this as inspiration!  That is why black is back in the running.  I like the idea of 5 different little black dresses that really look great.  Hmmm... The search continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment