Monday, January 18, 2010

A True Love Song

I am currently trying to find a few important songs for our wedding.

1) The song our bridal party will walk down the aisle to.
2) The song I will walk down the isle to.
3) The song for our first dance!!!!

Now, I am planning on hiring a string trio or quartet to play during our ceremony and cocktail hour so the first two songs need to sound beautiful when played instrumentally.  I really like the idea of playing a modern song that people will recognize so it is also important that the song be about love.  

Here is the dilemma.  Most songs I love that meet most of my requirements (and I admit that I have a quite a few) turn out not to be about love but about heartbreak.  Or, aren't about love at all.  For example, how amazing would it be to walk down the isle to Coldplay's Viva la Vida.  Such a great song right?!  Yea, but totally about a King who is ruined.  Awkward.
Then I started to look into U2 songs.  My fav U2 song is All I Want is You.  Which I have always sung at the top of my lungs, and never really thought about what I was saying.  The lyrics convey that the woman is materialistic but the man doesn't want anything but her.  Now, it is a romantic love song, but I am not that person!  And I also sort of think its kind of messed up, but whatever.  Which leads me to a song that definitely conveys a lot of what I want.  The Beatles "All you Need is Love"   Finally a song that is actually about the true, pure meaning of Love.  Maybe we will use this song for after my love steps on that glass and we are officially married!  There are plenty more songs that I thought of using that really conveyed the wrong message.  Believe me when I tell you, I gave you the short version!  Either way, I still have a long list of songs I need to find.  Suggestions anyone?

How about this song?

Pants On The Ground American Idol

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to walk down the aisle to a classical guitar version of Cavatina, which is apparently the theme song from the Deer Hunter, which I guess is a sad movie? Who knew! My husband vetoed it instantly.

    ReplyDelete