Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Almost checked off the list




On this Wedding Wednesday by brain is exploding.  There is so much to think about.  So many decisions.  I have to focus on the positive and on the things I have accomplished or that I am in the process of accomplishing.  One of these tasks that is in the process of being checked off the list is Bridesmaids dresses.  It's funny how these lists work.  You would think the list would read something like this:

Get Engaged
Find place to have wedding
Find clothes for everyone
Find food for everyone
Find music to dance to
Get married

But the list ends up having to get so much more detail oriented in order for things to actually get done.  Don't get me wrong, I am a list maker to the MAX.  I love it!  I find deep satisfaction in knowing I have the ability to cross something off of a list because I was productive.  But, in the wedding planning process, there are so many things on that list, that you end up crossing things off, but not feeling nearly as accomplished as you would like.  For example, if I were to make a list for Bridesmaids Dresses ( a smaller part of the bigger Wedding To Do list) it would have to read something like this:

Decide style of Bridesmaids Dresses
Decide color of Bridesmaids Dresses
Decide on same dresses or different for each Bridesmaid
Find time to go shopping with as many Bridesmaids as you can

The list would go on and on, but I don't want to overwhelm you.  I would like to be laid back about this, but I feel like the more laid back I am, the less that gets done.  And ultimately, I don't want to be super stressed last minute.  I hate when things become last minute!  I know it is kind of inevitable, but I am still trying to avoid it at all costs!
That all being said, on the positive note, after talking to my Bridesmaids and getting some feedback (check it off the list!), we are going to go to Priscilla of Boston to check out their Vineyard Collection, as well as the Melissa Sweet Collection.  I have been eyeing their dresses since I got engaged.  I think they really have one of the only lines of Bridesmaid dresses that are affordable and cute and don't look like ugly, plastic dresses.  I am very excited to go there with two of my BM's in a few weeks.  If it doesn't work out there, we will hopefully have enough knowledge to lead us in a new direction!  Here are a few of my favs.









Aren't they all so cute?!  I know they are very different.  I clearly need some focus!  I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel though.  You will hopefully see a post with a decision on some fabulous Bridesmaid Dresses soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment