Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ladies and Gents, We have Bridesmaids Dresses

Before I begin to tell you about the most fantastic black cocktail dress you will ever see I should mention that the above photo comes from this uber cute Etsy shop.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/LittleLadyCompany

So, there have been a few posts about Bridesmaids dresses on this here blog.  The most important thing to me about these dresses is that they 1) need to be flattering 2) need to be chic and cute 3) need to not look like a bridesmaid dress.  I love my friends a lot, and I really want them to look fantastic.  I have gone to pictures like this for inspiration: 

Cute black cocktail dress that makes everyone feel good.

For accessories and hair, I am going to these two photos to be inspired.

I love how in the above photo all the bridesmaids have different hair and accessories.  So even though it is the same dress, they still look like themselves and have individual style.
I love the glam in this photo.  And I really like that necklace... I wish I knew where it was from. First picture is from GreenWeddingShoes and the second is StyleMePretty.  

We actually did go to Priscilla of Boston (see previous post) and tried on a lot of those dresses.  We all really liked them too.  If it wasn't for the fact that Bridesmaid O and Bridesmaid DL were in Connecticut with me having a fun sleepover we would have never ventured into White House Black Market.  In fact, we were pretty sure we were going to forget about shopping altogether and instead we were going to get Mani/Pedis.  I am not going to say manicures and pedicures because they are not called that.... they are called Mani/Pedis.  
Back to White House Black Market.  We strolled in and decided to try on a few dresses.  Low and behold this adorable dress was on sale for $50 bucks!  I wouldn't mention the price except it was such a steal!  Both Bridesmaid O and Bridesmaid DL looked amazing in it!  I knew the rest of the ladies would too!  Now, the new challenge was to find all the dresses in the right sizes.  Something I now know, that everyone should know about this store is:  THEY SEND THEIR DRESSES ANYWHERE IN THE U.S FOR FREE.  This is very important if you need to ship a size 2 and a size 4 to Kansas City for one bridesmaid and ship a size 8 from Vegas to your house in Connecticut!  Even though the dress looks much better in person, here it is!  

So, to conclude, not only did we find the perfect black cocktail dress, but we found it for a great deal and were able to get all the sizes we needed.  I can't wait to see them all together looking amazing.  Makes me so happy!  Now it is on to accessories for me and for them!  Oh and I guess I have to figure out what Andrew and the Groomsmen are wearing, and my sister..ok so I have a lot to do.  But in my mind, the two most important parts are done.  That is definitely the designer in me that thinks Bridesmaids dresses and my wedding dress are the most important parts.  Ok, maybe it's my shoes. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment