Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

photo by http://www.joeelariophotography.com/
I know there are Valentine's day skeptics out there.  But I think anything that celebrates love in any way can't be a bad thing.   For all of you "haters" out there.  There ARE ways to tell the person you love them without going to Hallmark.  I say we celebrate love all the time.  It doesn't need to be on February 14th.  And it doesn't need to be someone you are in a relationship with.  Tell your best friend, your sister, or mother, anyone you love, how special they are to you.  Ok, I know I am in a mushy, lovey mood.  But anyone who knows me that I am just that mushy, lovey person.

As for our Valentine's day celebration,  I made homemade chocolate truffles (seen above and taken on my Iphone camera), a painting, and a homemade card for my love.  And I think it made it even more special, because any gift given with love is the best kind.  Andrew whisked me away to Boston this weekend.  And the act of someone showing you how much they care, and how much they want to spend time with you is really special.  I am very grateful to have the kind of love I have in my life.  And maybe that makes me a romantic, or maybe that makes me a sucker.  But I would like to think we celebrate love more than once a year, and I suggest you do the same.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment